The Qlik Sense™ April 2019 release includes significant advancements to multi-cloud capabilities – including a new enterprise Saas deployment option, as well as additions to the market leading AI capabilities, a new Qlik Sense Mobile™ for Blackberry client and enhancements to mapping and visualization capabilities.
It is offering new Augmented Intelligence (AI) insights, that reveal what is hidden in the data. It is driven by the Qlik™ cognitive engine and Qlik™ associative engine working together. These Associative insights helps users to discover and understand the significance of values in the data that are not selected.
Visualization and Mapping
New capabilities were introduced: setting default map backgrounds for improved customization and Bar & Area Chart and Bullet Chart in the Visualization Bundle.
The new Qlik Sense™ release makes it possible to set a default map background for all new map charts. Users can choose now to set their own predefined background instead of using the Qlik™ standard one.
The following feature enhancements for mapping were added as well:
– the ability to include new lines in labels, with an improved look of labels in background maps (it was also added to Qlik GeoAnalytics™);
– new size legends for map point layers;
– the capability to insert images in map background layers. It’s suitable for simple images (drawings, floor plans, etc.).
– Bar & Area Chart (a bar chart with transition effects, connectors and labels).
– Bullet Chart (a bar chart used for tracking towards a goal, showing target, or actual and bands for good/bad/average).
The new Qlik Sense™ April 2019 brings a standalone SaaS deployment option for Qlik Sense Enterprise™ (QSE). It has the ability to create, reload and consume Qlik Sense™ apps entirely on Qlik™‘s hosted cloud.
The new release also allows parity between Qlik Sense Enterprise™ on Windows and Qlik Sense Enterprise™ on Kubernetes for adding, updating and removing themes and extensions.
All deployment options for Qlik Sense Enterprise™ (which includes Qlik™ Cloud Services – SaaS, Kubernetes and Windows) are available independently and work together as part of a multi-cloud deployment.
The next capabilities are now available for Qlik Sense Enterprise™ deployed on Qlik™ Cloud Services (SaaS) and Kubernetes:
– Create apps:
– Connect to data sources:
– Store/Use QVDs/Files;
– Schedule app reloads;
– Team Co-development of apps;
– Personal and shared spaces;
– Role-based access control;
– Share sheets/bookmarks;
– Upload/Export apps;
– Console for management;
– License integration;
– Bundled extensions;
– Custom extensions (only on Qlik Sense Enterprise™ on Kubernetes);
– Mashups (only on Qlik Sense Enterprise™ on Kubernetes);
– API (reload only);
– Usage auditing;
– Link to QlikView™ documents (available both in Qlik™ Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise™ on Kubernetes).
Support for Enterprise Data Sources in a SaaS environment with ODBC Drivers in Qlik™ Cloud Services and Multi-Cloud environments.
Enhanced connectivity recharging capabilities make it possible to schedule Enterprise SaaS recharges.